• Do you have a Pinterest board full of beautiful interiors you adore … and do you wish your own home was just as nice as those in the pictures?
• Have you already tried to recreate the look or style of a room you saw somewhere only to find that you couldn’t quite achieve the design you had in mind?
• Do you feel it’s time to make your home more beautiful, to make it feel more like you? Do you want guidance on what to do first so it all fits together in the end?
WHAT IS THIS GUIDEBOOK ABOUT?
Your life is a mirror image of your home. Beautiful interiors that spark your joy every day when you wake up, that put a smile on your face any time you take a look around your living room and that make you look forward to spending a cozy evening at home to recharge your batteries make a huge difference in your life.
You don’t need to spend a ton of money to have a beautiful home. Finding images you love and using them as inspiration to create that atmosphere in your own home is a simple way to start making your home a place you love to be. By making strategic decisions about all the different functions you want your home to have – like a well-organized space, work embedded in your living space or plenty of storage right where you need it – you’re inviting a sense of ease and organization into your life.
WHY I THINK IT’S ESSENTIAL TO CREATE A SHOPPING BOARD FOR ANY PROJECT
The Look You Love is a free resource I created to help you through the process of creating a shopping list (or a list of DIY projects – please remember that good design doesn’t need to cost a lot!) from a Pinterest board full of images you love.
I will take your hand as you search for images you love and dissect them for the elements you adore about them, their style and their color. We’re going to discover the exact functions you want your home (or room) to have and create a look YOU love in your own home.
Just like some clothes look different when you try them on in the store and then wear them at home, purchasing home goods or furniture without an overall concept can lead you to purchase things that look better in the store than at home. (This happens to me a lot with clothes, so I always make sure I have a good overview when it comes to bigger investments like furniture.)
Putting together an outfit requires quite a bit of my attention. If I’m in a rush I’ll often change my top two or three times until I get a full outfit I feel comfortable wearing out on the street. When I work with clients, this is something we often go through when making on-the-spot decisions about home décor: It looks great by itself (or in the showroom) but doesn’t quite go with the colors or style that will surround the item in the home.
Feeling a little frustrated about – or even envious of – other homes is a definite sign that it’s time to make your own home a bit more beautiful. I’m not necessarily suggesting a total remodel but sometimes small things like putting a new picture on the wall, finding matching bed sheets or figuring out a storage solution that helps you become more organized will make you feel a lot better.
I’m both a designer and an energy healer for homes and spaces. With a master’s degree in Architecture and specializing in interior design, I’m passionate about transforming homes into places of inspiration and rejuvenation where our spirits are lifted and our bodies can get back to a state of balance.
I not only love to use the art of placement, colors, art, light, materials and textures to turn spaces into wonderful homes but also apply the principles of the ancient wisdom of the East and the West, including Feng Shui and dowsing, with the subtle energy qualities of homes.
This free course is a gift of mine and it includes the very principles I use when designing a room for clients – from finding images you love (or using your existing Pinterest board) to creating a shopping board with an overall concept for your room, including color and style. The course is not about my perspective on what a house should look like but instead is about how to discover what YOU like and how to turn your home into a place that inspires you and makes you happy.
WHAT CONTENT WILL YOU INCLUDE?
This course is structured into 5 parts:
• First, we’ll talk about finding the right photos as inspiration.
• How will you use the space? I’m going to ask you quite a few questions about HOW you (and your family) will use the space and which functions it must have.
• Finding a color palette for your home.
• Style: We’re going to discuss this topic in regards to the inspirational images you found and what you may change in regards to your own personal style.
• I’ll show you how to create a shopping board that holds all the information you’ve found and that gives you an overall plan about what you already have and what you want to add. This way, you can see how everything goes together before you carry the new furniture home.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN?
When you sign up, you’ll receive an e-mail with a link to download the course in .pdf format. You can print it out and use as a workbook to fill out questions and make notes.
The best thing about this?
It’s totally free!
Sign up below to get your free guidebook!